To do well in school, you have to take care of yourself mentally and physically. Talk to your school counselor or another trusted adult if you are having trouble, feel stressed or unsafe. Make sure you:
-Get plenty of sleep each night
-Eat a healthy diet
-Have healthy ways to reduce stress
-Take part in fun, healthy activities.
Dealing with stress:
A little stress is ok, but too much stress prevents us from doing and feeling our best. When you feel stressed, try different relaxation techniques.
-Take a deep breath. Then slowly release
-Starting at your head, work your way down to your feet, flexing and then relaxing each muscle.
-Think of a place where you feel relaxed and calm. Close your eyes and imagine yourself there.
“The greatest wealth is health” -Virgil
Ways to look after your mental health
-Talk about your feelings
-Keep in touch
-Take a break
-Accept who you are
-Ask for help
-Do something you’re good at
-Care for others
(Teen Resources Intended to Aid & Nurture Gays, Lesbians,
Have you been mind hacked?
Did you know?
- Nearly 3 in 10 teen girls in the US will get pregnant at least once before age 20?
- Good relationships don’t just happen—they require hard work and practice?
- Less than half of teens in high school have had sex?
- A couple who has sex without using condoms or any other kind of contraception (birth control) has an 85% chance of getting pregnant within a year?
- About 3 million teens get a sexually transmitted infection every year?
- 1 in 5 teens who’ve been in a serious relationship report being hit, slapped, or pushed by their partner?
*If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call 911*
Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474, 1-866-331-8453 TTY
Teen Emergency (Girls’ & Boys’ Town): 1-800-848-3000
LGBTQ Emergency: 1-800-347-TEEN (374-8336)
Suicide: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
LGBTQ crisis & suicide line: 1-866-4-U-TREVOR (488-7386)
Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network (RAINN): 1-800-656-HOPE (656-4673)
Runaway: 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)
Childhelp USA: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453)
STI & HIV Hotline (CDC): 1-800-CDC-INFO (232-4636)
Alcohol & Substance Abuse: 1-800-784-6776