Welcome to Buildings & Grounds!
The Buildings and Grounds Department is responsible for the management and maintenance of 7 district buildings and over 60 acres of fields and building grounds.
The Buildings and Grounds Department strives to:
- Develop and maintain a safe and healthy environment for students, staff and the Butler community.
- Provide continuous monitoring for quality assurance through daily building assessments to enhance and improve district facilities.
- Establish a comprehensive preventive maintenance program to address daily building and grounds maintenance and long-term facility issues.
- Support emergent repairs on all electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical systems district wide.
- Troubleshoot and Repair issues received through daily work orders submitted by district personnel.
- Maintain all fields and track to support the many seasonal sports of Butler students and community members.
- Schedule and support all after school activities, meetings and building usage of district facilities and fields.
- Develop a long-range facility plan to address capital improvements throughout the district.
- Promote energy education and conservation while maintaining a comfortable learning environment following the established energy policies and guidelines.
- Continue to analyze building and grounds systems and procedures to enhance quality, streamline productivity and insure costs effectiveness.
It Takes More To Be A BULLDOG
Phone: 973-492-2000 x6512
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Joseph Scaparro
Joseph Scaparro is a 1988 Graduate of West Milford High School where he took interest in Graphic Arts and Auto Mechanic. He continued his education on a scholarship at Bergen Technical School adult night school for HVAC controls. He worked two years in the HVAC field. In 1994, he went to the Franklin Lakes Public Schools as a Maintenance Mechanic and then joined the Butler School District in 1999 as a custodian. In 2002, he was promoted to a Maintenance Mechanic. During this time, he pursed his Certified Education Facilities Manager Degree through Rutgers University. In 2018, he became the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor for Butler Public Schools. He resides in Highland Lakes NJ. He has 2 sons and a daughter.