Welcome to the Counseling Department!
The School Counseling Office at BHS is committed to the academic, career, and personal counseling of its students. The counseling staff assists students to gain insight into themselves and grow to their maximum potential. The counseling program has the following goals:
- Assist students with the transition to high school and help resolve academic, social, and personal problems.
- Support the emotional well-being of all students by being a confidential source of communication.
- Guide students towards developing future goals and objectives, keeping in mind that they may change.
- Advise students on academic and extracurricular activities that are most suited to their strengths and interests and will help students achieve their future college and career goals.
- Help students select the most appropriate colleges and careers based on their individual abilities and future aspirations.
- Help students develop interpersonal skills and become responsible, contributing citizens and adults.
- Communicate with parents and teachers with information related to students’ educational progress.